Tuesday 13 October 2015

10 minutes in.

It's been 10 minutes since my last post.... Hi, My name is Mojo and I am a share-aholic. 


Today is not a Tidal Wave day (all overwhelming and teeth gritty), it is pretty blinking awesome and not at all smothery.


You will notice as we get to know each other that I make up words, some find it amusing or endearing, others just shake their head and move on.


Yesterday my boss, in the half yearly appraisal, told me I was awesome and doing a bang up job, therefore it must be true.


I went in to the meeting, held in a board room with a big wood table and refreshments served and everything, with a swan like façade of grace but a jelly on the inside and he started the meeting with that little nugget. 


Would it be a more productive world if we knew what people thought of us, if we knew that they were delighted today, that they're no longer angry, that they're excited about the collaboration y'all have in store? 


There'd be some down sides to that too, knowing that someone was cheesed at you, not being able to pretend that's not happening, having to own your relationships with people fully.


Imagine the possibilities, the saved emotional energy of not having to second guess.


Imagine how creative and rewarding knowing and responding accordingly could become.
 
My daughter jokingly berates me for making friends too easily.  What she is actually seeing is my way of bumping along nicely with the other 7 billion roomies in my life.  She jokes that I made friends with an American family in a long queue for the loo at a McDonald's in London.  It was a funny and friendly encounter, I know that the family came from California, that they were over with their grown children and a couple of grandkids, that they were enjoying most of London and yet were still confused by queuing.  We're not on each others Christmas card list, we're not going to ring each other to find out what the scores on the rugby were, but it was a nice encounter.


I guess having served a mission in The Greece Athens Mission, perhaps being a mum to a pretty stonkingly wonderful and challenging kiddo, and perhaps living up to one's heritage just brings out the "hey, how you doing?" in me.


So, how you doing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment