Friday 9 September 2016

Mouse Click Theory

I have a theory that in a given week we are gifted with a certain allocation of mouse clicks. 

If we are storming through our allotted tasks like a demon in days Monday-Thursday we use up most of those clicks.
Come Friday we are left feeling sluggish and as though we are running through treacle.

At which point we now feel the need to tell everyone around us that we are "feeling it", that we have run out of oomphf but are going to battle through anyway.

The theory of the mouse clicks answers so many oddities in my life. 
It lends my thoughts to effort and resilience.
It reminds me that stamina is required to complete tasks.
It reminds me that if "I'm feeling it" then frequently the end is in sight and I just have to push through.
It's quite a comfort in a back to front "at least I know what's going on" kind of way.



No comments:

Post a Comment