Friday 11 March 2016

Bucket full of frogs day

In order to apply for an exemption to something big and icky and related to "the incident" and to move swiftly on to the next step, I have to prove that I am or have been at risk, and provide the paperwork accordingly.


Most peril or risk conversations with authorities happen face to face or over the phone.  They don't follow up with a nice letter detailing the conversation because people at risk don't need the "risk-er" going through their post and messages and finding that stuff, and the "risk-ee" opts out of things dropping on their doormat.


BUT, they didn't figure on the new filing system in the new filing cabinet!  HA HAAA!


I have to hand papers and a certificate from The Freedom Programme (http://www.freedomprogramme.co.uk/online.php) and a MARAC report.


There's an old saying that if you have to kiss a bucket full of frogs, start with the biggest and ugliest one first and get it over with.


So today, I snogged a toad, full on the lips, great big snoggy smooch as I walked to the cabinet, removed the binder with these pieces of information, scanned copies and sent them to the person that needs them.


No mess, no fuss, just juice.


I want get angry at the Yang part of the universe as I scream "take that, you snog frog demanding pig head" but no need.


It's done, we'll find out if it's enough in due course. 


The amazing lack of angst over finding the pieces of paper I needed is astonishing and after I close this message today I will just be able to get on with the task at hand.  So There!  Take that, bad side of the Universe, you didn't get me today.  Ya Snooze Ya Loose, Sukerz!  (Yes, I know, a very grown up response, aren't you proud of the progress I'm making?)



No comments:

Post a Comment