Wednesday 6 January 2016

Slèep as my natural remedy.

When I feel the brain snuffles, depression, coming on, the faster I can take a nap the better. It is a reset button. It gives me time to process that which is in the old brain buffer. It gives me a physical and emotional time out.
Now, I am a cantankerous and oppositional old mare at the best of times and rarely do what is good for myself, prefering instead to "push through" which gets a lot of household chores taken care of which we are calling a "good thing" this week but the longer I avoid extra sleeping, the more sleep I will need  to compensate for my bull headedness later and the less say I will have in the when and where's, so really I am shooting myself in the foot.
I am allergic to the useful medicine which would typically be used to alleviate depression symptoms so have to do this au natrel.
Not naturally gifted with gracefulness, it is sometimes not a sight which would be mistaken for the Royal Ballet Company... rarely has a kid in a tutu exclaimed "look mummy, there's a Prima Ballerina, see how easy she floats through the street, oh wait, my bad, it's the lady next door with a lot on her plate right now, silly me".
Knock on wood it is currently at it's most manageable level in living history.
Not coincidentally, this is also the most rested, fastest to take a nap I have ever been in my adult life.
I am a lucky lady to have a great crowd in my life, to have a strong sense of purpose and self worth, and a strong sense that it's been great so far but the best is always yet to come.
It is a struggle keeping perspective when I can't immediately fix something troubling my nearest and dearest but baby steps.
If I can, sleep is a natural remedy, and it'd be good if I could remember that every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment